Friday, January 8, 2010

New Year, New Rant

First of all, Happy New Year to everyone (even if I’m the only reader J)! My inquisitive mind always wonders why we make such a hubbub over each new year; however as I get older, I'm beginning to cherish this time and the opportunity it affords us - to look back at the challenges we faced (personally and as a whole), how we dealt with them, and how they molded us.

Granted, I never was one to truly question a reason to celebrate anything, as it was always a reason to laugh it up with family and friends. Yes, even this self-proclaimed hermit enjoys the occasional social event, although it does take me longer to regroup with each passing year.

Personally, I had my fair share of “experiences” that on any given day could be perceived as negative or positive. To summarize this in a cryptic and wordy phrase, the year was “a non-stop singular stroll through a somberly, progressive village where each passing window was a glimpse into different aspects of the soul of a man-child.”

And not to buck tradition, I’m finally ready to proclaim my 2010 resolution, which is two-fold:

1. 1. Make more of an effort to investigate and practice my budding interest in Buddhism.

2. 2. Enjoy life, no matter what it sets at my feet.

No comments: