Sunday, August 23, 2009

(unfit) befriend me

covered in blankets on a Sunday afternoon
outside my brick walls i hear children
naive to the dismay that surrounds them
across the street, young lovers squabble
their discussions can sometimes be heard
proof that hate is the opposite of love
and their emotional divide creates steep slopes
slick with tears and pocketed by deep cuts
three scenarios melded into a moment

i envision skipping along my timeline
dotting the similar scenes with yellow
worthy of review at a later point

back to my bedroom
i share my day with a select few
the passing breeze is my sensory postman
delivering the daily in random broadcasts
a quick scent of grass clippings and grilled cuisine
trampled by neighborly ramblings
experienced listeners can snare
secrets from the stillness
and meaning from the masses

happy melodies waft from the music machine
the type of friend that never listens
but only because they have so much to say
we're puzzle pieces cut from a whole
empty introversion welcoming plucky perception
their harmonic recollections enable me to imagine
my white walls dripping and under footing crashing
content to drown in a dizzying, hyper-colored surf
or simply another soul who's shared my cracked spectacles

No comments: